Stephen Tomlin is a British actor and producer who played nine roles in Coronation Street:
- The Policeman who broke the news of Len Fairclough's death in December 1983.
- Mr White, the Administrator at Weatherfield General in March 1992.
- The Vicar at the wedding of Reg Holdsworth and Maureen Naylor in January 1994.
- South Weatherfield Leisure Centre manager Steve Searle in February 1995.
- Reverend Tippett, who officiated at the funeral service of Derek Wilton in April 1997.
- A police Inspector in February 2004.
- Council surveyor Eddie Thorburn in November of the same year.
- The Doctor who was called to 11 Coronation Street after Colin Grimshaw had suddenly passed away in May 2009.
- Hospital consultant Julian Weatherall in May 2012.
Born and bred in the south-west of England, Stephen trained as a teacher at the Central School of Speech and Drama between 1969 and 1972. After performing in London fringe he left for Manchester to successfully complete a probationary year's teaching in inner city schools. After two years as a drama workshops organiser and actor with Billingham Forum, Teeside he moved to Lancaster to join the Dukes Playhouse Theatre in Education company. The city has been Stephen's home ever since although he now spends as much time as possible at his country home in the Northumberland National Park near Hexham, and has bases in other parts of the country including London, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Manchester and Plymouth.
A member of The Actors Group (TAG) and the founder of Demi-Paradise Productions, he was also the 1991 BBC TV Mastermind champion.
His other credits include roles in A Kind of Loving, Strangers, Harry's Game, The Beiderbecke Affair, Dramarama, The Hound of the Baskervilles, Cracker, Agatha Christie: Poirot, Dangerfield, Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Emmerdale, Casualty, Far from the Madding Crowd, Heartbeat, Blue Murder, Donovan, Vincent, Mansfield Park, Casualty 1909 and Waterloo Road.