We're Getting Mutants in the MCU - The Loop
Do you like this video?
- This wiki contains individual articles for all years beginning with 1900. All years prior to 1900 do not have individual articles or categories relating to those years.
- The town of Weatherfield is named. At this time, it is a series of small farming settlements.
- 1786 - The Weatherfield Main and Barton mines are opened, providing employment for generations of Weatherfield men over the next century.
- Large areas of land in Weatherfield, now a burgeoning industrial town, are bought by the Swinton family, who initiate major redevelopment schemes, including the construction of a viaduct linking the town with Manchester.
- Charles Hardcastle rents the landspace of the now closed Barton mine and builds a cotton mill there.
- 1863 - Construction of the Weatherfield Canal begins.
- 1870 - Construction of the Weatherfield Canal is completed.
- 26th December 1874 - Joan Walker is born.
- 1882 - Hardcastle's Mill is opened in Victoria Street.
- 1883 - Alice Schofield (later Raynould) is born.
- 1887 - Weatherfield County FC is formed.
- 12th June 1889 - Caroline Bishop is born.
- 1895 - Thomas Osbourne marries Mary Tatlock.
- 10th August 1895 - Albert Tatlock is born.
- 2nd September 1896 - Martha Hartley (later Longhurst) is born.
- 1897 - Shopkeeper Bernard Cartwright is hanged for murdering his wife and her lover.
- 24th November 1899 - Ena Schofield (later Sharples) is born. Mary Makepiece (later Hewitt) is also born on this day.