Marvin Close was a storyliner on 234 episodes of Coronation Street in six stints between September 1991 and December 1993, with a return to the role for a further four stints between October 1995 and July 1996.
Following university, he began his career as a journalist on The Sheffield Star and moved into scripting soon afterwards. In addition to his work on Coronation Street, he also wrote scripts for Three Seven Eleven, Emmerdale, 24Seven, The Story of Tracy Beaker and Doctors. Thereafter he became writer-in-residence at Manchester’s Library Theatre with works such as Dorothy Parker's Dead, Crazy People, Working, Ton of Jollity and No Surrender. For radio he wrote Arnold Brown and Company and both created and wrote Where Were You?
After a period of lecturing at universities, he became a writer-in-residence at a special needs school.
Episodes storylined by Marvin Close
1991 (41 episodes)
- All episodes between Episode 3279 (16th September 1991) and Episode 3318 (16th December 1991)
- Episode 3321 (23rd December 1991)
1992 (63 episodes)
- All episodes between Episode 3373 (20th April 1992) and Episode 3381 (8th May 1992)
- All episodes between Episode 3430 (28th August 1992) and Episode 3483 (30th December 1992)
1993 (94 episodes)
- All episodes between Episode 3484 (1st January 1993) and Episode 3493 (22nd January 1993)
- All episodes between Episode 3503 (15th February 1993) and Episode 3577 (6th August 1993)
- All episodes between Episode 3629 (6th December 1993) and Episode 3637 (24th December 1993)
1995 (18 episodes)
- All episodes between Episode 3928 (30th October 1995) and Episode 3936 (17th November 1995)
- All episodes between Episode 3946 (11th December 1995) and Episode 3954 (29th December 1995)
1996 (18 episodes)