Karen Asemper played five roles in Coronation Street:
- A Receptionist at the Doveridge Hall Hotel in February 2004.
- A Hospital Nurse in August 2008 and January 2009.
- Child Welfare Officer Helen Kaye in September 2010.
- Social worker Carol in July 2017.
- PC Garner in March and April 2020.
An actress and dancer, she trained at the Northern School of Contemporary Dance. On the stage, she has appeared in Romeo and Juliet, Widening Participation and Dirty Money while her other television roles include Where the Heart Is, To Die For, Blue Murder and two roles in Emmerdale, one of these also being a nurse.