John Pickles (died 20th March 1997) was an actor who was identified by Daran Little in his 1995 book The Coronation Street Story as, along with Brenda Elder, holding the-then record for the most roles played on Coronation Street with eight each. Mr Pickles played a further role in 1995 itself.
- Lucille Hewitt's school's welfare officer, Mr Barroway, in October 1964
- PC Reginald Dancy in July 1971
- Sgt Daniels in August 1973
- DI Conroy in April 1976
- P.C. Handley in August 1978
- Sgt Graham Ibbotson in October 1984 and June 1986
- Fred Duffield in October 1990
- a Driving Examiner in November 1992
- Arthur Watts, the father of Curly Watts in December 1995 - the second of three actors to play the role along with Kenneth Waller and Geoff Oldham.
(Anthony Schaeffer holds the current record for roles in the Street with fifteen parts to his name).