Actor and voice artist Jimmy Hibbert either appeared in or was heard in nine roles in Coronation Street.
He was seen as:
- Mike Murphy, a London bar manager in September 1994
- A Drunk in March 1997
- A Head Waiter in December of the same year.
His vocal skills were put to use as:
- A Radio Announcer in November 1982
- A Racing Commentator in January 1997 and September 1998
- A Taxi Controller in April 1997
- A Voice on answer machine during the same month
- Radio DJ Andy Lewis in February 1998
- A Radio Cop in November 2004.
Jimmy was born on 23rd November 1956 in Henley-upon-Thames, Oxfordshire. He studied drama at Manchester University and, after a spell in the early 1970s in a comedy rock band named "Alberto y Lost Trios Paranoias", he began a successful career as a voice artist. Working with the Manchester animation studio of Cosgrove-Hall, he has provided voices for almost every well-known children’s series of the past thirty years, including Dangermouse, The Wind in the Willows and Count Duckula, while for other companies, he was heard in Noddy and Bill and Ben and many more productions in a similar vein. He graduated onto writing for similar programmes and has contributed scripts for, among others, Shaun the Sheep, Preston Pig and Bob the Builder.