- A Thief in January 1961 who burgled No. 11
- Builder Jim Whitehead in May 1963
- Businessman and Weatherfield County FC owner Sid Lambert over several months in 1965 and 1966, returning in August 1970
- Disgruntled Builder's Yard customer Mr Fox in February 1979
- Bowls match referee Ron Edwards in September 1985
- a Deputy Returning Officer in May 1987
- a Grandfather in a toy store in December 1992
- Ex-RAF pilot Archie Wardle in May and October 1995.
His other credits include parts in many other series such as Crossroads, Doctor Who, The Avengers, The Odd Man, The Villains, Z Cars, Adam Adamant Lives!, Dixon of Dock Green , All Creatures Great and Small, Cluedo, Last of the Summer Wine and Emmerdale Farm.