- A Thief in January 1961 who burgled No. 11
- Builder Jim Whitehead in May 1963
- Businessman and Weatherfield County FC owner Sid Lambert over several months in 1965 and 1966, returning in August 1970
- Disgruntled Builder's Yard customer Mr Fox in February 1979
- Bowls match referee Ron Edwards in September 1985
- a Deputy Returning Officer in May 1987
- George, a grandfather in a toy store in December 1992
- Ex-RAF pilot Archie Wardle in May and October 1995.
His other credits include parts in many other series such as Knight Errant Limited, Crossroads, Doctor Who, The Avengers, The Odd Man, Compact, The Villains, Z Cars, Adam Adamant Lives!, The Newcomers, United!, Softly Softly, Dixon of Dock Green, The Onedin Line, All Creatures Great and Small, Fallen Hero, Airline, First Among Equals, Cluedo, The New Statesman, Last of the Summer Wine, Heartbeat and Emmerdale Farm.
On film he had a part in the classic 1963 film Billy Liar