Coronation Street Wiki
Fairclough and langton.jpg

Fairclough and Langton was the business operated at the Builder's Yard at 15 Mawdsley Street between 1970 and 1973, and again between 1975 and 1978.

Ray Langton had previously worked for Len Fairclough during 1966, and upon his return to Weatherfield two years later, he was employed as a labourer at the yard. 

Ray decided to establish his own yard, which started business in July 1969, but a few months later returned to Len on the understanding that they would have an equal partnership. 

When Jerry Booth arrived back in Weatherfield in 1972, he began working as a labourer, but felt that his duties were underappreciated by Fairclough and Langton. Saving them from financial ruin a year later, it was understood that he would become an equal partner and the business name was changed to Fairclough, Langton and Booth.

Upon Jerry's death in 1975, Fairclough and Langton was re-established. The partnership's terms were revised in 1977 so that Len owned 60%, with Ray owning the remaining 40%. 

Following his affair with Janice Stubbs in 1978, Ray emigrated to Holland and Len operated the yard on his own from then onwards.