Hilda is nervous around Cyril and questions him about his investigation of the stolen suit lengths. Annie fusses over Jack, worried over his health. Albert is laid up in bed with bruised ribs and a broken arm. Elsie and Len visit and bring a present of a bottle of rum. Alice is nursing him, receiving no gratitude whatsoever. Ena and Emily return drunk from the ceremony to collect the prize for Ernie's photo of Ena. Ray buys some of the sixteen suit lengths from Hilda. Stan arrives home drunk but sobers up when Hilda tells him that Cyril is on his case. He insists that he bought the lengths from a man down the market. In the middle of the night, Ena hears noises from the Camera Shop below and thinks it's Emily. Annie refuses to buy any of the lengths from Hilda. Annie breaks down, having got it into her head that Jack failed his brewery medical and something is wrong with him. To put her mind at ease he agrees to go to the doctor. Hilda tries to flog some lengths to Elsie. Emily tells Ena she was nowhere near the shop during the night. Doctor Mackay tells Jack he's as sound as a bell and hears that Annie is worrying. Albert grumbles at everything that Alice does. Ena buys suit length for Albert. Hilda starts to panic that Cyril is getting closer to the truth and they should get rid of the items. Annie isn't convinced by Jack's report from the doctor. Ena worries about the noises she's been hearing. Ray brings Cyril into No.13, having told him about the suit lengths. Stan pretends they don't have them now but Cyril insists Stan produces them for him by tomorrow.
- Cyril Turpin - William Moore
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Emily Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Albert's bedrooom
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Camera Shop
- Camera Shop flat - Living room/kitchen
- Doctor Mackay's consulting room
- Betty Turpin states that she and Cyril were married in 1939 instead of the later-established 1945.
- Ray H. Dunbobbin, previously a writer on the programme and later an actor, appears as an extra in the Rovers.
- TV Times synopsis: In which both Ena and Annie have trouble with their imaginations
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,050,000 homes (3rd place).
|July 1969 episodes|
|← Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Wed 16th
Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th →