Annie gives Hilda a sixpence an hour rise to win her support for the 'Perfect Landlady' competition. Bill Blakeley sacks engineer Ron and takes Dickie on. Val bangs her knee. The suggestions are read out but Annie decides on one of her own. Dickie decides not to tell Audrey about the job.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- TV Times synopsis: A glimpse of the wicked world for Dickie, and a dream of fame for Annie Walker.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,900,000 homes (1st place).
|April 1969 episodes|
|← Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th
Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th →