Annie discovers the brewery is holding a 'Perfect Landlady' competition. Dave tells Val to keep out of his business. Maggie tells Lilian that if Dave were to die, Elsie would get the lot. The OAPs win their fight and the Clubhouse is saved. Lillian agrees on more money from Dave each week, and no divorce. Annie drives the customers mad with niceness. Elsie refuses to pick up again with Dave. Ray asks a delighted Annie if they can nominate her for the competition.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Alice Pickins - Doris Hare
- Dave Smith - Reginald Marsh
- PC Conway - Colin Edwynn
- Mr Ironfield - Anthony Dutton
- Mrs Toft - Beatrice Neild
- Lillian Smith - Rhoda Lewis
- Jim Gilbert - Arnold Ridley
- This episode marks Jack Rosenthal's 130th and final script for the programme.
- TV Times synopsis: Stalemate for Dave, checkmate for Ena, and an opening gambit from Annie.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,450,000 homes (2nd place).
Elsie Tanner: "Just once, for a change, I'd like to get pally with a feller whose idea of a good time isn't landing me in muck."
|April 1969 episodes|
|← Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th
Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th →