After a successful night, the OAPs are in no mood to give up. Ray offers to contribute to their "fighting fund" in return for the washbasin. Ena refuses. Reggie James asks Emily to get the pensioners to the vicarage so he can mediate. She gets bottles from the Rovers to entice them out. Lillian offers to pay Hilda for information about Elsie. They agree to meet later. Annie is appalled that Hilda would stoop so low. Elsie needs to speak to Len but he's gone on holiday. Emily goes through the police lines but Ena refuses to leave the Clubhouse and invites her inside instead. Lillian pushes Hilda for information. Stan tells her to steer clear of trouble but she refuses, saying they need the money. Hilda discovers from Ray that Stan still has to pay the tax. Ken tells Val to keep out of Elsie's problems if the divorce hearing goes ahead. A nervous Mr Ironfield from the council turns up, hoping to deal with the pensioners. Hilda sells the round to Ray and he agrees to take on the outstanding debts. Stan's delighted. Hilda tells Lillian she doesn't want to get involved in a divorce case. An angry Emily joins the sit-in when the council refuses to budge. Mr Ironfield is instructed to start threatening legal proceedings against the pensioners. Stan discovers Hilda has thrown him in with the deal and Ray is now his boss. Ray orders him out of the pub and on his round. Maggie threatens Dave that Elsie could say "yes" to all the charges and he'd have to pay the legal costs.
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Alice Pickins - Doris Hare
- Jim Gilbert - Arnold Ridley
- Mrs Toft - Beatrice Neild
- Lillian Smith - Rhoda Lewis
- Dave Smith - Reginald Marsh
- PC Conway - Colin Edwynn
- Police Inspector - John Woodnutt
- Mr Ironfield - Anthony Dutton
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- 14 Coronation Street - Living room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- OAP Clubhouse - Interior and exterior
- This episode carried no cast credits, only production credits.
- TV Times synopsis: In which Dave Smith's wife tries to purchase information and Ray buys a pig in a poke.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,500,000 homes (1st place).
|April 1969 episodes|
|← Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th
Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th →