Gordon sees Lucille in her wedding dress. She tells him she loves him. He tells her that he can't marry her. Annie is furious with Gordon. She is determined that Gordon will marry Lucille. Effie plans to decorate No.1 as a surprise for Albert. Annie accuses Maggie of pushing Gordon into jilting Lucille. When Ken complains about Val's cooking she tells him to do it himself.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Effie Spicer - Anne Dyson
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Retaining his executive producer credit, H.V. Kershaw effectively became the programme's producer again from this episode onwards.
- TV Times synopsis: Elsie counts the score and Gordon gives the answers.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,850,000 homes (2nd place).
|March 1969 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th
Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st →