Gordon is summoned to a meeting with his boss. Dickie is jealous that he's getting on in life. Maggie is cool to Lucille when she shows off her engagement ring. Stan worries that the reporter will find out he's been making the predictions come true and accuse Hilda of fraud. Unable to tell Hilda the truth, he can't think of a good reason for her to turn the reporter away. Ena thinks Minnie is a danger to herself and asks Elsie to get Dave to stop taking bets from her. She forces the issue by suggesting that Elsie offered to pay Minnie's debt to ease her conscience. Ray, Lucille, Len, Elsie and Jack contrive to get Emily back in the Rovers. They buy presents for her and Annie, each from the other with notes of apology attached and forge their signatures. Dave refuses to allow Minnie to place any more bets on credit. He then agrees to wipe the slate clean as a favour to Elsie. Gordon is given a rise and asked to socialise with his colleagues more. Maggie feels he's ashamed to bring people to the shop. Hilda goes all-out for the reporter, using a goldfish bowl as a crystal ball. Stan has no choice but to come clean and tells her she's not psychic. He says he did it all to get her to Australia. Hilda is touched. Jack does his best to keep Annie away from the yard. Ena gets Minnie to admit she has no money to pay Dave. Hilda hides the tea so that the reporter can't test her but he brings his own and asks for four readings. She tells him her gift has gone and he leaves disappointed. Ena rows with Dave and accuses him of making children starve. He demands the £10 from her by Monday.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Fairclough and Booth - Office
- Dave Smith's Betting Shop - Shop and office
- TV Times synopsis: Minnie at the crossroads, and Hilda at a dead end.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,550,000 homes (4th place).
Hilda Ogden: "Stan Ogden, you're a septic!"
|February 1969 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th
Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th →