Christmas Day: Audrey, Dickie, Gordon and Lucille are amused as Emily takes a shine to Reverend James. Ena, Minnie and Effie spend the day together, Albert joins the Barlows. Marj Griffin and Elsie cook for Ray and Len. The residents get drunk together at the Rovers with Ena on the piano. Basil Griffin leaves a message for Marj, his wife - he's coming for her.
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Dickie Fleming - Nigel Humphreys
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Effie Spicer - Anne Dyson
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Audrey Fleming - Gillian McCann
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room
- 14 Coronation Street - Living room
- St. Mary's Church - Church hall and back room
- The children playing Peter and Susan Barlow are uncredited.
- TV Times synopsis: "Ah well, it's as far away as ever now!"
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 2,835,000 homes (chart placing unknown).
Elsie Tanner: "Merry Christmas, Mrs. Sharples."
Ena Sharples: "Merry Christmas, Elsie Tanner. You're lookin' very cheerful in the circumstances."
Elsie Tanner: "Well yes, after all, it is my season in a manner of speakin', isn't it? You know, good will to all men."
|December 1968 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th
Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th →