Val is angry at Ken's hypocrisy considering his affair with Jackie Marsh, two years previously. She swears she is not interested in Ray. Weatherfield prepares for a Royal visit. Dennis tries to get in contact with Jed and discovers he's in Blackpool. Maggie tries to put Lucille off Gordon. Len, Jerry and Ray finish the plumbing contract on the maisonettes. Ken tells Val he's put them on the list for a maisonette. Gordon finds Lucille fascinating but finds himself out of his depth. Jerry tells Len that "Fairclough and Booth" have finished as a partnership.
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- This was the final episode of the programme to be broadcast the Independent Television Service for Wales and the West. HTV took over broadcasts in the region thereafter.
- TV Times synopsis: Who is the best man?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,000,000 homes (7th place).
|May 1968 episodes|
|← Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th
Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th →