Maggie tells the Ogdens not to worry - the insurance will take care of the window. Gordon is angry that Les is happy to let Stan take the blame. Maggie stops Les from telling Stan the truth. Lucille advises Val to make Ken's cosy life a bit less cosy so that he'll consider moving. Jenny wonders why Dennis is so keen on a church wedding. The vicar, the Rev Peter Hope, puts Dennis off when he realises he is not a churchgoer and just wants the ceremony. Dennis asks Jerry to be his best man. Jerry refuses; he's off weddings. Val tries to make Ken see that No.9 is too small but he gets angry and accuses her of fancying Ray.
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- TV Times synopsis: The Barlows in a spot of bother!
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,500,000 homes (2nd place).
|May 1968 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|