Maggie tells the Ogdens not to worry - the insurance will take care of the window. Gordon is angry that Les is happy to let Stan take the blame. Maggie stops Les from telling Stan the truth. Lucille advises Val to make Ken's comfortable life a bit less cosy. Telling him that one of Susan's drawings on the wall is rising damp so that he'll consider moving into one of the newly renovated flats. Annie can sense an atmosphere at the corner shop. Dennis tells Val that he's gone to a moneylender to pay for a church wedding. He makes her promise to remain quiet. Ray comments about Val being easy to control, which infuriates Ken. Jenny wonders why Dennis is so keen on a church wedding. The vicar, the Rev. Peter Hope, puts Dennis off when he realises he is not a churchgoer and only wants the ceremony. Gordon tells Lucille that she isn't allowed to come to his place. Dennis asks Jerry to be his best man. Jerry refuses; he's off weddings. Val tries to make Ken see that No.9 is too small, but he gets angry and accuses her of fancying Ray.
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and Lucille's bedroom
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room
- Corner Shop
- TV Times synopsis: The Barlows in a spot of bother!
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,500,000 homes (2nd place).
|May 1968 episodes|
|← Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th
Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th →