The residents are shocked to discover someone has broken the shop window. Gordon is furious but covers up for Les having smashed it with an empty bottle. Jenny gets Elsie an interview at Ashworths. Les tells Maggie he can't help himself any more. She tries to cover up for him but worries how they'll pay for it. Hilda thinks Stan broke the window whilst drunk. Val drinks with Ray in the Rovers rather than cook Ken's dinner. Dennis tells Elsie he borrowed the money from a moneylender, at 48% interest. Thinking the Cleggs are insured, Hilda makes Stan confess. The Cleggs are astounded.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Maggie Clegg - Irene Sutcliffe
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- In this episode, the frontage of No. 13 was filmed in its new setting of the outdoor Grape Street set. It was the first house on the terraced side of the street to be seen in this way, closely followed by No. 9 in the next episode.
- TV Times synopsis: Who smashed the window?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,050,000 homes (6th place).
|May 1968 episodes|
|← Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th
Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th →