Audrey tells Rita that she is not going to the Chamber of Commerce dance as Lewis isn't free. Guilty Rita is about to come clean but has second thoughts when Audrey patronisingly commends her for attending alone. Rosie bids in an online auction for a present for her footballer boyfriend. Claudia pays Audrey a visit and admits that she tried to book Lewis for the dance too. She persuades a reluctant Audrey that they should go together. Steve tries to raise Becky's spirits by suggesting that they have other parenting options, including adoption. Becky berates him for his lack of sensitivity. At the Town Hall, Rita soon relaxes in Lewis's company. Becky tells her troubles to Hayley, who makes her see that adoption might be a viable solution in the future. Becky's grateful for Hayley's advice. Claudia and Audrey bump into Lewis at the dance but Audrey fails to spot Rita. Rosie wins the auction but Kevin returns from the match and tells her that nobody's heard of her boyfriend. Rosie's unconcerned. As Lewis and Rita leave the dance, Audrey spots them together. Audrey's jealous, and she and Rita trade insults until Lewis steps in and they depart. Claudia reminds Audrey that Lewis is paid to say nice things to her and he doesn't mean them. Audrey shrugs it off but it's obvious she's falling for a gigolo.
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Becky McDonald - Katherine Kelly
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Graeme Proctor - Craig Gazey
- Sophie Webster - Brooke Vincent
- Rosie Webster - Helen Flanagan
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Claudia Colby - Rula Lenska
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Lewis Archer - Nigel Havers
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and upstairs flat
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Roy's Rolls
- Weatherfield Town Hall - Function room
- First appearance of Claudia Colby since 18th December 2009 and last until 12th July 2010.
- This additional Sunday episode was broadcast at 7.30pm.
- TV Times synopsis: Rita and Audrey fall out when the hairdresser realises her friend has booked Lewis for another date; and Hayley helps Becky grow more positive about the prospect of adopting.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,040,000 viewers (17th place).
|April 2010 episodes|
|← Thu 1st • Fri 2nd (1 2) • Sun 4th • Mon 5th (1 2) • Thu 8th|
Fri 9th • Sun 11th • Mon 12th (1 2) • Thu 15th • Fri 16th (1 2) • Mon 19th (1 2)
Thu 22nd • Fri 23rd (1 2) • Mon 26th (1 2) • Thu 29th • Fri 30th (1 2) →