Carla hears a noise in the factory. It unnerves her and she leaves. Jimmy follows her back to her flat. Carla lets herself in and Jimmy waits outside. Carla phones Tony and tells him to come round to the flat instead to sort out the factory paperwork. Tony's shocked but relieved she's still alive. As Maria, Audrey, Barry, Helen, Kirk, Michelle, Fiz and Ryan enjoy christening drinks at No.7, Tony tries to disguise his inner turmoil. Tony tells Maria he's going to get a breath of fresh air. He jumps in his car and sets off for Carla's flat. Jimmy presses the door buzzer and Carla lets him in thinking he's Tony. She's scared when she realises it's Jimmy. Jimmy makes it clear he's going to kill Carla. She tries to defend herself but Jimmy pins her down in an attempt to strangle her. However Tony suddenly bursts in and Jimmy loosens his grip. Carla smacks him round the head with a candlestick. Jimmy lies motionless on the floor. Tony lets Carla think she's killed him but Tony can see that he's still alive. Tony promises Carla that if she keeps quiet and disappears he'll dispose of the body and nobody need know she's a murderer. Carla leaves for the airport. Jimmy regains consciousness and Tony tells him that if he keeps his head down they're both in the clear as Carla will never go to the police. Tony arrives home and Maria watches him fondly as he makes up a bottle for baby Liam.
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Michelle Connor - Kym Marsh
- Ryan Connor - Ben Thompson
- Maria Connor - Samia Smith
- Fiz Stape - Jennie McAlpine
- Tony Gordon - Gray O'Brien
- Carla Gordon - Alison King
- Liam Connor - Imogen Moore and Logan Pearson (Uncredited)
- Coronation Street exterior - Main street view and ginnel
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms and yard
- Underworld - Factory floor and loading bay
- Drapers Mill Apartments, Weatherfield Quays
- 4 Drapers Mill Apartments, Weatherfield Quays - Living room/kitchen
- Unknown streets in Weatherfield
- Gordon Seed was credited as a Stunt Double with Richard Hammatt and Mark Lisbon as the Stunt Co-ordinators on this episode.
- TV Times synopsis: Tony's plan starts to unravel, as an unnerved Carla leaves the factory before Jimmy arrives and Tony begins to have second thoughts. The factory boss desperately tries to stop the hit, but the killer is unable to answer his phone and homes in on his target.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 10,240,000 viewers (5th place).
|October 2009 episodes|
|← Thu 1st • Fri 2nd (1 2) • Mon 5th (1 2) • Thu 8th • Fri 9th (1 2)|
Mon 12th (1 2) • Thu 15th • Fri 16th (1 2) • Mon 19th (1 2) • Thu 22nd
Fri 23rd (1 2) • Mon 26th (1 2) • Wed 28th • Thu 29th • Fri 30th (1 2) →