Eileen and Gail row on the Street as Jason is driven off in a police car. Tina's furious and tells Gail and Joe how David came round to the flat and threatened her. Ashley tells Claire how Roy has donated the weekend in Paris which he won as a prize for the charity fete. Claire's thrilled. Jesse's deeply concerned that John the parrot has taken an instant dislike to Eileen. He tells Eileen that John is usually a very good judge of character. Joe tells Gail he's got a part-time job in a hardware shop. Audrey's unimpressed but Gail's pleased he's making an effort. Claire lures Ashley home on a promise. Ashley takes Graeme home to avoid having to tell her about his cancelled vasectomy. Ramsay accompanies Emily to Ernest's grave. Ramsay talks about his childhood and it's clear that Emily's very smitten with him. Jason's released as there's no evidence against him. Tina apologises for disbelieving him and they make up. Ramsay and Emily invite Norris to join them for a game of Scrabble. Norris agrees thinking that Ramsay will be leaving for Australia soon. Gary's released from prison and makes it clear to David that he organised for him to be beaten up.
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Tina McIntyre - Michelle Keegan
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- Joe McIntyre - Reece Dinsdale
- Jason Grimshaw - Ryan Thomas
- Jesse Chadwick - John Thomson
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Claire Peacock - Julia Haworth
- Graeme Proctor - Craig Gazey
- Sean Tully - Antony Cotton
- Gary Windass - Mikey North
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Rosamund Street
- Elliott & Son
- North Cross Cemetery
- TV Times synopsis: David is less than happy to discover Jason has been released from police custody, but shocked when someone else confesses to the beating; Joe secures a part-time job; and Ashley takes Graeme home with him to avoid any romance with Claire.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,920,000 viewers (2nd place).
Tina McIntyre (to Eileen Grimshaw): "If Jason gets in trouble for this I swear to God I'll take an axe to David. He should be the one locked up and they should throw away the key 'cause someone might find it. They should melt it down and pour it into his eyes."
|August 2009 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd (1 2) • Thu 6th • Fri 7th (1 2) • Mon 10th (1 2)|
Thu 13th • Fri 14th (1 2) • Mon 17th (1 2) • Thu 20th • Fri 21st (1 2)
Mon 24th (1 2) • Thu 27th • Mon 31st (1 2) →