Elsie has pre-wedding nerves. The Cheveskis arrive for the wedding, as do the Hewitts. Albert is too ill to attend the wedding after the barge trip. Concepta feels Lucille is too sure of herself. A coach takes the residents to Warrington. Len promises Elsie he is not hurt by her marrying Steve. Rev. Bryan Hesketh looks forward to the wedding as it will be his first. The guests gather at the church: Annie, Jack, Lucille, Harry, Concepta, Minnie, Ena, Val, Ken, Hilda, Stan, David, Gary Strauss, Jim Cullie, Dave Pike, Al Carroll, Emily, Walter and Len. Ivan is the usher. Gregg is more nervous than Steve. Dennis leads Elsie down the aisle, followed by Dot and Linda.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Ivan Cheveski - Ernst Walder
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Steve Tanner - Paul Maxwell
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Dot Greenhalgh - Joan Francis
- Gregg Flint - Bill Nagy
- The Rev. Bryan Hesketh - Jonathan Newth
- Walter Greenhalgh - Derek Benfield
- Gary Strauss - Callen Angelo
- Rovers Return Inn - Back room and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room and Elsie's bedroom
- St. Stephen's Church, Warrington - Exterior and interior
- First appearance of Linda and Ivan Cheveski since 30th November 1966.
- First appearance of Harry Hewitt since 30th June 1965.
- First appearance of Concepta Hewitt since 19th August 1964.
- An omnibus repeat of this and the following episode aired on Channel 4 on Saturday 8th February 1992 at 8.50pm as part of the TV Heaven series.
- TV Times synopsis: Elsie Tanner’s wedding day
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 9,450,000 homes (1st place, the highest rated episode of the year and the fourth most-watched programme of any type in 1967).
Minnie Caldwell: "What do you think Mrs Tanner'll be wearing?"
Ena Sharples (disapproving): "Black crepe..."
Minnie Caldwell (shocked): "Oh, Ena, she's getting married."
Ena Sharples: "Yes, I know - again. That organ wants to play The March of the Gladiators when she comes in and The March of Time when she goes out."
|September 1967 episodes|
|← Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th
Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th →