Tony tells Luke he's perfectly capable of running the factory on his own and doesn't need him but Luke insists he's looking after Carla's business interests. Ashley tells Claire about Graeme wearing Fred's hat and talking in a Fred style. Claire admits she told Graeme about Fred's way of repeating himself. Joe finds out from Jason that Gail's told him about the break-in at the lock-up. Joe's furious with Gail for discussing his business with strangers. Gail's upset. Julie asks Tony if he's still going to sack her. Luke intervenes telling Julie everyone's jobs are safe for the time being. Tony feels usurped. Liz and Lloyd go for dinner at No.1. They're amused to see Ken's wearing a kimono. It's clear Ken wishes he were somewhere else and Deirdre is annoyed with him. Joe apologises to Gail for flying off the handle. Gail confesses to paying some of his bills for him too. Joe's embarrassed but grateful. Graeme apologises to Ashley for impersonating Fred. Luke spells it out to Tony that he's looking after Carla's 60% in the factory and if he doesn't like it he can leave. Tony feels humiliated.
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Joe McIntyre - Reece Dinsdale
- Julie Carp - Katy Cavanagh
- Fiz Brown - Jennie McAlpine
- Tony Gordon - Gray O'Brien
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Kelly Crabtree - Tupele Dorgu
- Jason Grimshaw - Ryan Thomas
- Sean Tully - Antony Cotton
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Graeme Proctor - Craig Gazey
- Luke Strong - Craig Kelly
- Rosie Webster - Helen Flanagan
- Claire Peacock - Julia Haworth
- Maria Sutherland - Samia Smith
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Lloyd Mullaney - Craig Charles
- Becky Granger - Katherine Kelly
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Underworld - Office and factory floor
- Rosamund Street
- Victoria Street
- Elliott & Son
- TV Times synopsis: Newcomer Luke shows Tony who is boss and puts Julie's mind at ease; Ken's desire to be at the theatre with Martha sours the dinner party; Claire has an explanation for Graeme's behaviour; and Joe is furious about Gail's interference.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 9,820,000 viewers (6th place).
Blanche Hunt (on seeing Ken in a kimono): "Oh, for the love of God!"
Ken Barlow: "Ok. Come on. Let's have it. You've got a problem with this I should imagine?"
Blanche Hunt: "A grown man dressed as Geisha? Have you gone stark, raving mad?"
|February 2009 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd (1 2) • Wed 4th • Fri 6th (1 2) • Mon 9th (1 2)|
Wed 11th • Fri 13th (1 2) • Mon 16th (1 2) • Wed 18th • Fri 20th (1 2)
Mon 23rd (1 2) • Wed 25th • Fri 27th (1 2) →