Michelle's spent the night at Carla's flat. She's hurt and upset. Steve tries to blame Lloyd for his broken relationship but Lloyd's quick to point out that Steve was the one who spent the night with Becky. Pam calls in the Corner Shop to see Molly and sells Dev some of the ham from her holdall. Dev and Vernon leave for the Golf Club. Vernon's dressed in old cast-offs and carrying an ancient set of clubs. Dev's embarrassed to be seen with him. Steve asks Carla to talk Michelle into meeting up with him. Tyrone takes Molly to a posh restaurant intending to propose to her. Vernon and Dev have a round of golf. Vernon's hopeless at it. Vernon introduces himself to another golfer, Prem. Dev and Prem shake hands. It's clear that Dev knows Prem and hugely admires him. Pam and Jack drink some of Pam's knock-off Japanese beer at home and lament the decline of the British pub. Tyrone's about to propose to Molly when suddenly his plan is over-shadowed. The lights dim, a band strikes up and a nearby couple get engaged. Molly's oblivious to Tyrone's frustration. Steve meets Michelle and tries to make amends. He assures her that he really wants to marry her. Michelle demands to know what went on the night he stayed out.
- Michelle Connor - Kym Ryder
- Carla Connor - Alison King
- Lloyd Mullaney - Craig Charles
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Vernon Tomlin - Ian Reddington
- Jerry Morton - Michael Starke
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Pam Hobsworth - Kate Anthony
- Molly Compton - Vicky Binns
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Darryl Morton - Jonathan Dixon
- Mel Morton - Emma Edmondson
- Teresa Bryant - Karen Henthorn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Fiz Brown - Jennie McAlpine
- Waiter - Ralph Birtwell
- Prem Mandal - Madhav Sharma
- The Three Amigos - Nick Cottage, Guy Jackson, Steve Grundy
- Coronation Street exterior
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Street Cars
- 15a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Roy's Rolls
- 4 Drapers Mill Apartments, Weatherfield Quays - Living room/kitchen
- Fitzpatrick Street
- Greenside Golf Club
- La La Lounge
- This episode marks the 2,000th appearance of William Tarmey in the role of Jack Duckworth.
- The actors playing the other couple who celebrate their engagement in the La La Lounge are not credited.
- TV Times synopsis: Tyrone's plan to propose to Molly at an expensive restaurant does not go as expected; Steve tries to persuade Michelle to give their relationship another chance; and Dev worries Vernon will show him up in front of a local businessman at the golf club.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,420,000 viewers (5th place).
|July 2008 episodes|
|← Wed 2nd • Fri 4th (1 2) • Mon 7th (1 2) • Wed 9th|
Fri 11th (1 2) • Mon 14th (1 2) • Wed 16th • Fri 18th (1 2) • Mon 21st (1 2)
Wed 23rd • Fri 25th (1 2) • Mon 28th (1 2) • Wed 30th →