Deirdre and Tracy sit in the living room at No.1 the night before the trial. Neither of them can sleep. Consulting a leaflet about panic attacks given to her by Gail, and talking about the "fight or flight" reaction, Deirdre gets round to voicing her suspicions about Tracy and questions how truthful she's been about Charlie's murder. All the pent-up emotion of the last few weeks comes tumbling out. Upset and overwrought, Deirdre blames Tracy for Samir's death whilst Tracy blames her mother for the way she turned out. Deirdre tells Tracy that whatever she's done she will stand by her as she loves her but she needs to know the truth. Eventually Tracy cracks and confesses everything. Deirdre's shocked as Tracy tells her how she planned Charlie's murder months ago and staged the entire performance. Although stunned and disgusted at what Tracy's done, Deirdre promises she'll still stand by her daughter.
- This was the second episode of Coronation Street to feature only two characters. The first was a two-hander between Curly and Raquel Watts on 2nd January 2000.
- TV Times synopsis: It's the eve of the trial and Deirdre is determined to get to the bottom of Tracy's story. The pair face up to bitter recriminations and years of buried anger - with the truth about Charlie's death providing a spectacular finale.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 10,010,000 viewers (4th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 2000-2009, released on 31st October 2011.
- Despite airing in 2007, this episode was produced in 2006, according to the credits.
|March 2007 episodes|
|← Fri 2nd • Sun 4th • Mon 5th (1 2) • Wed 7th • Fri 9th|
Sun 11th • Mon 12th (1 2) • Wed 14th • Fri 16th • Sun 18th • Mon 19th (1 2)
Wed 21st • Fri 23rd • Sun 25th • Mon 26th (1 2) • Wed 28th • Fri 30th →