Fred arrives at Audrey's house and explains how he's always had feelings for her but he's going to marry Bev as she loves him and he loves her. Audrey's upset but puts on a brave face and wishes him well. Ashley and usher Dev wait impatiently for Fred to return. Ashley guesses he's gone to Audrey's. Bev arrives at the church but Ashley tells her they're not ready and insists she drives round the block again. The congregation become restless wondering what's causing the delay. As Fred leaves Audrey's house for the wedding, he collapses in her hallway and dies of a massive stroke. The police and Audrey arrive at the church and deliver the awful news to Ashley. Ashley in turn tells Bev and then the congregation that Fred is dead. Bev wants to know the details of his death but Ashley refuses to say. Audrey nervously explains how Fred was at her house but had every intention of marrying Bev but distraught Ashley interjects telling Bev how Audrey's been trying to stop the wedding in the hope he'd marry her instead. He says that Audrey's entirely to blame.
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Bev Unwin - Susie Blake
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Claire Peacock - Julia Haworth
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Michelle Connor - Kym Ryder
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Frankie Baldwin - Debra Stephenson
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Danny Baldwin - Bradley Walsh
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Sean Tully - Antony Cotton
- Joshua Peacock - Benjamin Beresford (Uncredited)
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver (Uncredited)
- 5 Grasmere Drive - Living room, hallway and exterior
- St. Christopher's Church - Interior, exterior and vestry
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- This episode features the death of Fred Elliott although John Savident appears in the next episode in a scene set in the funeral parlour.
- TV Times synopsis: The Weatherfield wedding ends in tragedy, and the guests struggle to deal with the shocking turn of events.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 11,660,000 viewers (1st place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 2000-2009, released on 31st October 2011.
|October 2006 episodes|
|← Sun 1st • Mon 2nd (1 2) • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Sun 8th • Mon 9th (1 2)|
Wed 11th • Fri 13th • Sun 15th • Mon 16th (1 2) • Wed 18th • Fri 20th (1 2)
Mon 23rd (1 2 3) • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Sun 29th • Mon 30th (1 2) →