Lucille is excited about her fiancé Alistair Bradshaw. Annie thinks she's joking. Dennis is amazed that Lucille has fallen for Alistair who has a reputation of always being engaged. Lucille shows off her ring. Minnie accuses Vera of taking advantage of Ena. Hilda orders Stan to find a job as they have no money. Lucille breaks off the engagement, realising it's merely infatuation. Ena tells Ken she needs a part-time job. He recommends she applies for Supplementary Pension as she's entitled to it.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- This episode was transmitted on Friday 30th December 1966 at 7.30pm by Associated Rediffusion and Television Wales and the West.
- TV Times synopsis: Annie stands in 'loco parentis' and finds she needn't have bothered
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,300,000 homes (1st place).
|December 1966 episodes|
|← Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th
Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th →