Rita and Norris, Fred and Bev, Diggory and Liz leave for the Weatherfield Traders' Association dinner dance. Emily feels sorry for herself at being left behind. Keith discovers Audrey lied about the suit and it's a new one. Telling her he's not a charity case, he storms off refusing to go to the dance. Carol's trying to poison Frankie against Danny but it's not working. Frankie admits to Eileen and Deirdre she still loves Danny and although she can't forgive him she wants to give him one more chance. At the dance Norris refers to Rita as his partner to her embarrassment. Audrey's lonely, especially as Fred only has eyes for Bev. Diggory's upset when Liz flirts with Vernon Tomlin, the drummer in the band who are playing. He proceeds to get drunk. Fred and Bev kiss. Leanne pleads with Jamie to give her one more chance but he refuses. Leanne sobs her heart out. Danny finds her upset and takes her back to his flat. Danny and Leanne row, both blaming each other for ruining their relationships. Their anger turns to passion. They kiss and Danny carries Leanne to the bedroom. Frankie calls round to Danny's flat. She tells him she still loves him and will give him another chance but is horrified to then discover Leanne in the bedroom. Keith turns up at the dance and apologises to Audrey. Audrey's upset and tells him it's too late they're finished. Drunken Diggory gives a speech to the Association. He makes a fool of himself and resigns as President. Frankie's distraught at finding Danny and Leanne together. Leanne stays the night with Danny both realising they've lost everything and have no-one else to turn to.
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Keith Appleyard - Ian Redford
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Diggory Compton - Eric Potts
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Bev Unwin - Susie Blake
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Frankie Baldwin - Debra Stephenson
- Jamie Baldwin - Rupert Hill
- Vernon Tomlin - Ian Reddington
- Eileen Grimshaw - Sue Cleaver
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Danny Baldwin - Bradley Walsh
- Coronation Street exterior
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Rosamund Street
- 18a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Venue of Weatherfield Traders' Association dinner dance
- First appearance of Vernon Tomlin.
- TV Times synopsis: Frankie regrets her decision to ask Danny for a divorce and decides to give her wayward husband one more chance - only to find him in the throes of passion with Leanne. Stung pride means Keith refuses to accompany Audrey to the Traders' Ball; while Fred and Bev fare better in the love stakes as they grow closer during the evening.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 10,910,000 viewers (7th place).
|December 2005 episodes|
|← Fri 2nd • Sun 4th • Mon 5th (1 2) • Wed 7th • Fri 9th|
Sun 11th • Mon 12th (1 2) • Wed 14th • Fri 16th • Sun 18th • Mon 19th (1 2)
Wed 21st • Fri 23rd • Sun 25th • Mon 26th (1 2) • Wed 28th • Fri 30th →