Jerry reasons with Sheila and she decides not to leave. Jack gives up his match ticket to Jed. Annie worries when Lucille fails to come home after work. Jack Benjamin and Bet Lynch are disturbed at the factory at night when Len looks for Lucille. He threatens to report Benjamin for not running the factory properly. Benjamin goes for him with a glass ashtray but the Barlow brothers arrive. Dennis brings Lucille home at midnight. She confesses that she was frightened of Annie. Len tells Ruth he fancies her. She tells him that she's frightened of his reputation.
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Annie Walker Doris Speed
- Jed Stone - Kenneth Cope
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Last appearance of Bet Lynch until 18th May 1970.
- TV Times synopsis: An old problem but a new Annie
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,450,000 homes (8th place).
|July 1966 episodes|
|← Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th
Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th →