Vinny Evans drops the charges against Jamie and Jamie's released from the police cells. Cilla turns up at No.5. Chesney naively thinks she's remembered his birthday which is tomorrow. Cilla covers and pretends he's right. Fiz can see she's lying. Danny's furious with Jamie for beating up Vinny. Jamie tries to explain why he did it. Frankie feels sorry for him. Sally tells Rosie that her friends are common and she'll have a richer selection of friends to chose from at Oakhill School. Upset Rosie slams out of the house. Cilla finds Les in the Rovers and turns on the charm. She tells him she'll pop round tomorrow for Chesney's birthday. Janice promises Chesney they'll take him out for a birthday tea. Under pressure from Frankie and Jamie, Danny explains how to get Vinny to drop the charges he had to give him all the money from their house sale, all bar the mortgage. Frankie's shell-shocked as she realises they're skint and will have to stay in Coronation Street.
- Frankie Baldwin - Debra Stephenson
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Danny Baldwin - Bradley Walsh
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Fiz Brown - Jennie McAlpine
- Chesney Brown - Sam Aston
- Cilla Brown - Wendi Peters
- Jamie Baldwin - Rupert Hill
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Sophie Webster - Brooke Vincent
- Rosie Webster - Helen Flanagan
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Ciaran McCarthy - Keith Duffy
- Sarah Platt - Tina O'Brien
- Todd Grimshaw - Bruno Langley
- Katy Harris - Lucy-Jo Hudson
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: Danny tells Frankie and Jamie about the bargain he struck in order to have Jamie released; Janice is unaware that Les continues to allow Cilla access to the house; and Sally wants Rosie to attend a private school.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 10,160,000 viewers (7th place).
Sally Webster: "We've got a very important meeting tomorrow and I need to know that you'll be by my side. We have to show them that we're exactly the kind of parents that they want at their school."
Kevin Webster: "Oh sorry, my mistake. I thought the school was for the kids, not the parents."
Sally Webster: "You won't go slamming doors when you're older, will you Sophie? It's such an unnecessary habit."
|July 2004 episodes|
|← Fri 2nd • Sun 4th • Mon 5th (1 2) • Wed 7th • Fri 9th
Sun 11th • Mon 12th (1 2) • Wed 14th • Fri 16th • Sun 18th • Mon 19th (1 2)
Wed 21st • Fri 23rd • Sun 25th • Mon 26th (1 2) • Wed 28th • Fri 30th →