It is Easter Sunday and Les is still hostile towards Cilla. She realises that he won't be a pushover to win round. Nick suggests a family portrait for Gail's birthday next week. When Sarah insists that Todd be in the photo, Nick argues that Maria should be there too. Ciaran's full of ideas to bring punters into the Rovers. Bev and Shelley aren't impressed, particularly as he's neglecting his work to muse over his ideas. Fiz says she won't go to the police, provided Cilla pays back the £237 bill straight away. As Fiz is prepared to forgive Cilla, Les relents and takes Cilla back. Jason frets when Gail threatens to go to the Gazette, and Charlie sacks him, but they're just teaching him a lesson. Jason worries that Gail will tell Candice about him. Chesney's horrified to overhear Cilla arranging to meet an old boyfriend, Ronnie Dudgeon. Chesney realises that Cilla has been seeing Ronnie behind Les's back and feels bad for Les. Shelley's offended when Ciaran suggests she dress more provocatively to pull in the punters. Before Fred has the chance to say anything, Ciaran resigns as manager, claiming that he's fed up of the others carping on at him all day. Fred produces a coin to toss in order to decide the new manager. The toss goes Bev's way, but she hands over the win to Shelley, who's reinstated as manager. Shelley's disappointed when she asks Charlie out, but he claims that he's busy. Chesney threatens to tell Les if Cilla sees Ronnie again. He's terrified when she threatens him with going into a care home if he utters a word.
- Chesney Brown - Sam Aston
- Cilla Brown - Wendi Peters
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Sarah Platt - Tina O'Brien
- Todd Grimshaw - Bruno Langley
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Nick Tilsley - Adam Rickitt
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Kirk Sutherland - Andrew Whyment
- Fiz Brown - Jennie McAlpine
- Shelley Unwin - Sally Lindsay
- Ciaran McCarthy - Keith Duffy
- Bev Unwin - Susie Blake
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Charlie Stubbs - Bill Ward
- Jason Grimshaw - Ryan Thomas
- Sunita Parekh - Shobna Gulati
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- Victoria Street
- 17a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Builder's Yard
- TV Times synopsis: Cilla squirms her way out of trouble; Fred quells a rebellion at the Rovers; and Jason is taught a lesson.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 11,200,000 viewers (7th place).
Audrey Roberts: "If you've got lads like Jason after yer, well you must be doing summat right."
Gail Platt: "Or something wrong. Giving off the wrong signals. Well I'll not answer the door in me dressing gown again!"
|April 2004 episodes|
|← Fri 2nd • Sun 4th • Mon 5th (1 2) • Wed 7th • Fri 9th • Sun 11th
Mon 12th (1 2) • Wed 14th • Fri 16th • Sun 18th • Mon 19th (1 2) • Wed 21st
Fri 23rd • Sun 25th • Mon 26th (1 2) • Wed 28th • Fri 30th (1 2) →