Tommy tells Craig that he's lied to Martin, telling him that he was responsible for the car crash. Tommy is prepared to go to prison in order to protect his son. Martin tells Katy about Tommy's confession. Katy insists that Martin phones the police. Tommy explains to Angela that it was Craig who tampered with Martin's brakes. Betty leaves to go and spend Christmas with Gordon and Caroline. Roy and Hayley are disappointed to learn that No.7 has already been sold. Angela and Tommy blame themselves for Craig's actions. They realise that all the rowing and their splitting up led to Craig's desperate measures. Brenda takes Bethany to a nativity play dressed as an angel. She talks to Bethany about how one day she will meet her daddy in heaven. Deirdre realises that she hasn't enough food in for Christmas and has to borrow £50 off Tracy to get some more. Craig can't handle the guilt any more. He calls into see Martin and confesses everything explaining that Tommy was lying to cover for him.
- Tommy Harris - Thomas Craig
- Craig Harris - Richard Fleeshman
- Karen McDonald - Suranne Jones
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Sarah Platt - Tina O'Brien
- Bethany Platt - Amy & Emily Walton
- Katy Harris - Lucy-Jo Hudson
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Angela Harris - Kathryn Hunt
- Nick Tilsley - Adam Rickitt
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Barlow - Kate Ford
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Harry Flagg - Iain Rogerson
- Maria Sutherland - Samia Ghadie
- Sonia Marshall - Tina Gambe (Uncredited)
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 12 Coronation Street - Living room
- Underworld - Office
- 15a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Roy's Rolls
- 17a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- 18a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Weatherfield General - Ward and corridors
- Brenda Fearns's house - Living room
- First appearance of Karl Foster.
- This episode was transmitted at 8.30pm.
- TV Times synopsis: Tommy discloses the terrible truth to a distraught Angela; and Roy and Hayley's dreams are shattered.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 9,820,000 viewers (13th place).
Fred Elliott: "Beef is the true, traditional Christmas dinner - not turkey. It's in the Bible is that."
Harry Flagg: "Give over!"
Fred Elliott: "It's true. There were an ox in that stable in Bethlehem... didn't mention a turkey."
Karen McDonald: "You know what someone told me at work today? That in some countries, people give prezzies on Christmas Eve."
Steve McDonald: "'Sweetheart, in some countries they think fried poodle is a nice dish."
|December 2003 episodes|
|← Mon 1st (1 2) • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Sun 7th • Mon 8th (1 2) • Wed 10th
Fri 12th • Sun 14th • Mon 15th (1 2) • Wed 17th • Fri 19th • Sun 21st • Mon 22nd
Wed 24th • Thu 25th • Fri 26th • Sun 28th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st →