Philip Newton finds out about Cecil and Bet's postponed marriage. Ashley and Claire go out in the motorboat but the engine breaks down. Liz tells Laurie Dyson that she is leaving and asks for her wages, and Laurie tells her it will end badly and admits to being the one who tipped off the police about Jim's whereabouts. Karen is upset that Steve is risking everything to take Jim to Ireland, but Liz tells them both that Steve isn't going to take Jim across, she is. Bev asks Deirdre to come along on her date to confirm that she's not meeting Jon Lindsay. By the time Deirdre arrives, Bev's date - Jon Stephens - gets fed up with her strange behaviour and leaves. Philip turns up at the church to try and stop the wedding but the commotion causes Cecil to have a heart attack and he later dies in hospital. Jim and Liz say a fond farewell to Steve and set off for Ireland. As they drive off they come across Ashley's boat stranded and filling with water. They save them and take them back to the marina. As Jim and Liz arrive at the marina they are arrested.
- Karen McDonald - Suranne Jones
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Claire Casey - Julia Haworth
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Bev Unwin - Susie Blake
- Shelley Unwin - Sally Lindsay
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Joshua Peacock - Benjamin Beresford (Uncredited)
- Philip Newton - Malcolm Scates
- Arthur Fallowes - Michael Wardle
- Laurie Dyson - Andrew Dunn
- Cecil Newton - George Baker
- Jon Stephens - Antony Edridge
- Sister - Deborah Brian
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- Nexus wine bar
- Blackpool - Unnamed church and Victoria Hospital
- Gregory's Guest House - Guest bedroom
- Regent Caravan Park - Fred Elliott's caravan
- The Black Dog - Public and living quarters
- Cecil Newton's house - Office
- Fleetwood - Marina and jetty
- Last appearance of Jim McDonald until 27th December 2004.
- Andrew Dunn makes a pre-Roger Stiles appearance as Laurie Dyson.
- TV Times synopsis: Jim prepares for a daring escape from Blackpool, but Ashley and Claire's day out threatens to scupper his plans. Meanwhile, Bet's dreams are destroyed; and Deirdre's suspicions undermine Bev's chance of romance.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 11,750,000 viewers (9th place).
|November 2003 episodes|
|← Sun 2nd • Mon 3rd (1 2) • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Sun 9th
Mon 10th (1 2) • Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Sun 16th • Mon 17th (1 2) • Wed 19th
Fri 21st • Sun 23rd • Mon 24th (1 2) • Wed 26th • Fri 28th • Sun 30th →