Karen is angry at Steve for letting Jim stay the night, but Jim persuades Steve to take him to Blackpool at night. Police come round to question Steve about Jim, and he manages to get rid of them, Cecil Newton invites Bet to come and see his boat. Philip Newton tries to persuade Bet that his dad Cecil is going senile. Cecil later asks Bet to marry him, but Bet says no. Ashley decides to take Joshua to Blackpool. Claire agrees to go with him. On the way back, their car won't start and they are forced to spend the night together in a local B&B. Todd and Sarah discuss Sarah moving in with Brenda Fearns and they agree that she shouldn't. They tell Brenda - she understands and gives them £300 towards their rent.
- Karen McDonald - Suranne Jones
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Claire Casey - Julia Haworth
- Bethany Platt - Amy & Emily Walton
- Sarah Platt - Tina O'Brien
- Todd Grimshaw - Bruno Langley
- Joshua Peacock - Benjamin Beresford (Uncredited)
- Cecil Newton - George Baker
- Philip Newton - Malcolm Scates
- DC Holker - Andrew Vincent
- Landlady - Deirdre Costello
- Brenda Fearns - Julia Deakin
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 12 Coronation Street - Living room, kitchen and hallway
- 17a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- Blackpool - Beach, marina, car park and unnamed B&B
- The Black Dog - Public and living quarters
- First appearance of Benjamin Beresford as Joshua Peacock. Beresford would share the role with Brandon Jackson before taking over full-time from 8th February 2004.
- Kay Patrick directed the Blackpool segments while Haldane Duncan was responsible for the remaining sequences.
- TV Times synopsis: Jim's reckless actions bring the police to Steve and Karen's flat; Cecil has a surprise proposal for Bet; and Ashley and Claire face an embarrassing situation.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 14,180,000 viewers (3rd place).
|November 2003 episodes|
| Sun 2nd • Mon 3rd (1 2) • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Sun 9th • Mon 10th (1 2) • Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Sun 16th
Mon 17th (1 2) • Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Sun 23rd • Mon 24th (1 2) • Wed 26th • Fri 28th • Sun 30th