Lucy tells Shelley everything about her relationship with Peter and their baby Simon. Norris and Emily work out that Vera's brownie cakes must have been the cause of their strange behaviour at the church fundraising meeting. Vera shows them the herb she used. Ciaran identifies it as cannabis. Vera phones the police. Shelley and Lucy discuss Peter's double life and Shelley realises to her horror that Lucy is telling the truth and that her own wedding to Peter was just a sham as he is already married. Tracy tells Roy that she's going for a scan tomorrow. Roy says he will go with her as he wants to be sure that she really is pregnant. Peter arrives back at the Rovers and is shocked to find both his "wives" in the back room discussing him. Lucy tells Peter that she never wants to see him again and that from now on he can pay for everything for Simon but he will never be allowed to see him. Shelley throws Peter out. Shelley feels completely devastated.
- Ciaran McCarthy - Keith Duffy
- Peter Barlow - Chris Gascoyne
- Shelley Barlow - Sally Lindsay
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Tracy Preston - Kate Ford
- Lucy Barlow - Katy Carmichael
- Maria Sutherland - Samia Ghadie
- Todd Grimshaw - Bruno Langley
- Nick Tilsley - Adam Rickitt
- Simon Richards - Jake & Oscar Hartley (Uncredited)
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- Rosamund Street
- Lucy Barlow's flat - Living room
- TV Times synopsis: Peter is finally forced to face the music with his two wives; Roy and Hayley give Tracy a tough time; and Ciaran confesses the truth about the herbs.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 14,780,000 viewers (1st place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 2000-2009, released on 31st October 2011.
Lucy Barlow (to Shelley Barlow): "'Don't think you can put me in the mistress category. I am a legal wife, right? I was married on 24th March and it was all legal and above board. It's just a shame, in the eyes of the law, your wedding didn't amount to much more than a fancy dress party."
|September 2003 episodes|
|Mon 1st (1 2) • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Sun 7th • Mon 8th (1 2) • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Sun 14th
Mon 15th (1 2) • Wed 17th • Fri 19th • Sun 21st • Mon 22nd (1 2) • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Sun 28th • Mon 29th