David is embarrassed by Stan's interfering. Irma tells him to fight back. The local paper takes David's side when reporter Jackie Marsh writes a piece stating that he's been treated badly. Emily and the residents discover Dennis's nude studies of Jerry and he is forced to apologise. Sid Lambert offers David a job as an engineer on his factory floor. Elsie feels at home with Jim. Stan tells David to stop moping and to take Lambert's job. Ken has a liaison with Jackie Marsh.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Irma Barlow - Sandra Gough
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- This was Howard Baker's last episode as producer.
- TV Times synopsis: Dennis exposes Miss Nugent and David Barlow gets press-ganged
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,450,000 homes (3rd place).
|January 1966 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th
Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st →