Maxine buys Ashley a gold signet ring on their first anniversary; he buys her golf clubs. Gary visits Judy's grave on the anniversary of her death and tells the twins that she will always be in his heart. Gail is furious with the way that Sarah hides away at the Croppers' flat and refuses to come home. Sarah tells the Platts that she's sick of them rowing and shouting all the time. Ashley is delighted when Fred gives him and Maxine the Victoria Street shop. Vinny is annoyed to discover that Natalie is planning to visit Jim in prison. She is adamant he needs to know that his friends care and plans to give him the £10,000 reward money. Audrey is concerned when Sarah tells her that it's awful living at home as Gail and Martin keep arguing. She makes Sarah see that she needs to return home and be supportive. Hayley is sorry to see them go but Gail is relieved when they return. Audrey holds Martin responsible, telling him that he's pathetic and selfish for hurting everyone. Hayley is thrilled when Roy tells her that he's prepared to apply for adoption. Gail tells Martin she can't cope with their situation any more and wants a divorce.
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- David Platt - Jack P. Shepherd
- Maxine Peacock - Tracy Shaw
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Natalie Barnes - Denise Welch
- Vinny Sorrell - James Gaddas
- Duggie Ferguson - John Bowe
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Billy Mallett - Lewis Ablett
- Becky Mallett - Megan Foster
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Sarah Platt - Tina O'Brien
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Bethany Platt - Amy & Emily Walton (Uncredited)
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Victoria Street
- 16a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- A change to the end titles occurred from this episode onwards when they appeared in a smaller font and right-justified enabling ITV to transmit trailers for upcoming programmes on the remainder of the screen. However the old style scrolling credits were still used occasionally during the autumn.
- TV Times synopsis: Martin receives a shock as Gail reaches a difficult decision. Hayley is delighted when Roy changes his mind.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 14,610,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
|September 2000 episodes|
|Fri 1st • Sun 3rd • Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Fri 8th • Sun 10th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Fri 15th
Sun 17th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Fri 22nd • Sun 24th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th • Fri 29th