Martin and Rebecca make plans to spend Friday night together. Roy is impressed with Vera's friendly approach with the customers. Audrey feels that Sarah's pregnancy is somehow her fault for setting a bad example. Martin asks Danny to lie for him about Friday night and say they were together at a stag-do if asked. Danny agrees but isn't at all happy about it. Audrey tells Gail who her father is (for the first time). He's called Ted Page, she didn't love him but knew he loved her. She thought if she got pregnant Ted would marry her and then she would be able to get Stephen Reid, her son, back. However she didn't marry him as she realised she didn't love him. She shows Gail a photo of him. Natalie arranges to meet Vinny - he agrees. They meet and she asks him if they could try again but he doesn't think it would work. Tyrone finds out that Maria doesn't have a boyfriend, she was with her brother the other day. They arrange to meet.
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Vinny Sorrell - James Gaddas
- Mark Redman - Paul Fox
- Bobbi Lewis - Naomi Russell
- Leanne Battersby - Jane Danson
- Gwen Davies - Annie Hulley
- Linda Sykes - Jacqueline Pirie
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alma Halliwell - Amanda Barrie
- Danny Hargreaves - Richard Standing
- Natalie Barnes - Denise Welch
- Debs Brownlow - Gabrielle Glaister
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Maria Sutherland - Samia Ghadie
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Rosamund Street
- Victoria Street
- Roy's Rolls
- Weatherfield General - Charge nurse's office
- Red Rec
- Unnamed restaurant, Queen Street
- For the first time this episode identifies Gail's father as Ted Page. Eight-years later on the 28th April 2008 the character would make his debut and played by Michael Byrne.
- This episode was scheduled to be transmitted at 10.00pm to allow for coverage of Champions League football, even so the actual start time was delayed until 10.10pm.
- TV Times synopsis: Tyrone goes on his first date. Audrey has a revelation for Gail.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 10,670,000 viewers (8th place - combined figure including repeat).
|May 2000 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Sun 7th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Sun 14th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Fri 19th • Sun 21st • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Sun 28th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st