Nita has a farewell party in the Rovers with Dev, Vik, Maya and Linda. Sarah persuades Gail and Martin to let her go to a party. She doesn't enjoy the party as she realises that she doesn't fit in anymore. She realises she's no longer a kid but not an adult. Geena and Bobbi agree with Audrey to rent the flat over the salon. Steve visits Jez in prison and is relieved to find out that Jez suspects a mate of his - Lee Sankey - of grassing him up over the Tony Horrocks murder. Tyrone suggests to Jim that he buys out Kevin's half of the garage. Jack and Tyrone take Monica to a stud kennels and strike a deal with the owner, Mr Sutherland. Tyrone fancies his daughter, Maria.
- Dev Alahan - Jimmi Harkishin
- Nita Desai - Rebecca Sarker
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Sarah Louise Platt - Tina O'Brien
- Candice Stowe - Nikki Sanderson
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vikram Desai - Chris Bisson
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Toyah Battersby - Georgia Taylor
- Geena Gregory - Jennifer James
- Maria Sutherland - Samia Ghadie
- Bobbi Lewis - Naomi Russell
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Linda Sykes - Jacqueline Pirie
- Gwen Davies - Annie Hulley
- Maya Desai - Indira Joshi
- Mr Sutherland - Steve Money
- Jez Quigley - Lee Boardman
- Kirsten Grant - Vicky Connett
- Monica - Queenie
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- Street Cars
- Roy's Rolls
- Sutherland's Kennels
- Strangeways Jail - Exterior and visiting room
- Mrs Gregory's house
- Final appearance of Rebecca Sarker as Nita Desai.
- First appearance of Maria Sutherland.
- TV Times synopsis: Sarah Lou feels increasingly isolated from her schoolmates. Steve finally finds the courage to visit Jez in prison.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 13,580,000 viewers (7th place - combined figure including repeat).
|May 2000 episodes|
|← Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Sun 7th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th
Fri 12th • Sun 14th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Fri 19th • Sun 21st • Mon 22nd
Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Sun 28th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st →