Ashley assures Maxine that his family are wrong - they're made for each other. Leanne resents the fact that Nick is still calling the shots. She is appalled that the divorce will take at least two years to go through. Maxine assures Beryl Peacock that she loves Ashley and isn't going to hurt him. Maxine makes it clear to Fred she knows that he's Ashley's father and asks him to make amends for lying to Ashley by giving his blessing. Alma pleases Ravi by agreeing to have dinner with him. Ashley forces Fred to apologise to Maxine and welcome her into the family. Leanne hears, through Audrey, that Nick has got a good job in Canada and has his own flat. Linda tells Mike she wants them to be open about their relationship but he doesn't want Alma to know. Leanne tells Gail that she supported Nick all through their marriage and if he wants a divorce it'll cost him.
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Maxine Heavey - Tracy Shaw
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Hayley Cropper - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Alison Wakefield - Naomi Radcliffe
- Leanne Tilsley - Jane Danson
- Natalie Barnes - Denise Welch
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Linda Sykes - Jacqueline Pirie
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- Underworld - Factory floor
- Roy's Rolls
- No. 4 Montreal House, Weatherfield Quays - Living room/kitchen
- Freshco - Loading bay and storeroom
- Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall) is credited but doesn't appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Leanne decides that Nick can have a divorce at a price. Fred gives Ashley and Maxine his blessing.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 15,580,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|July 1999 episodes|
|← Fri 2nd • Sun 4th • Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Fri 9th
Sun 11th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Fri 16th • Sun 18th • Mon 19th
Wed 21st • Fri 23rd • Sun 25th • Mon 26th • Wed 28th • Fri 30th →