Ashley is convinced that Lorraine fancies him. Rita tries to talk to Nita about the price war but Nita refuses to speak to her. Jack offers Tyrone his pigeons. Tyrone is interested in having them and breeding them but Jackie refuses to let him. Ravi is alarmed to find Nita is making little profit because of her price war with The Kabin. Maxine is worn out at the salon, coping without Audrey. Lorraine finds Ashley too dull. Alison worries about Kevin's whereabouts. She tells Sally that it'll be her fault if he's done anything stupid. Ian makes the final arrangements for the wedding whilst continuing to work Natalie into bed. Jackie goes for a job at the salon but Maxine refuses to employ her. Natalie is troubled that she fancies Ian so soon after Des' death. She feels it's not normal. Maxine advertises for an assistant.
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Leanne Tilsley - Jane Danson
- Sharon Gaskell - Tracie Bennett
- Natalie Barnes - Denise Welch
- Nick Tilsley - Adam Rickitt
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Nita Desai - Rebecca Sarker
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Rosie Webster - Emma Collinge
- Sophie Webster - Emma Woodward
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Lorraine Brownlow - Holly Newman
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Maxine Heavey - Tracy Shaw
- Maud Grimes - Elizabeth Bradley
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Jackie Dobbs - Margi Clarke
- Alison Wakefield - Naomi Radcliffe
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Coronation Street exterior - Main street view and ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room, hallway and yard
- 7 Coronation Street - Yard
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: Rita tries diplomacy in a bid to end the trade war, and Jack turns to Tyrone when Natalie puts his pigeons on death row.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 18,260,000 viewers (4th place - combined figure including repeat).
Fred Elliott: "I did all my courting in t'pictures."
Janice Battersby: "Ugh, what an 'orrible thought..."
Fred Elliott: "Whaddya mean? It were a wonderful time! I once sat through two showings of The Dam Busters and never once saw the screen. She were insatiable was Sonia Bostock..."
Janice Battersby: "Ew, that's put me right off me pie..."
|March 1999 episodes|
|← Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Sun 7th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th
Fri 12th • Sun 14th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Fri 19th • Sun 21st
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Sun 28th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st →