Les looks forward to a huge amount of compensation from the hospital and asks Janice to tell the doctors how he's not been performing as well as usual. She refuses. Gary returns to work but is nervous about leaving Judy to cope alone. Janice is furious to hear that Jackie is planning to go to Las Vegas with Les. She convinces herself that Les is planning to leave her once he's got his compensation. Martin goes before the panel of doctors and is annoyed when they say they intend to compensate Les. He feels that he's not trusted and resigns. Les goes before the panel and demands a lot of money for his mental anguish. The doctors are about to offer a sum of money when Janice arrives and tells them Les took the overdose himself. Kevin apologises to Alison for spoiling their evening. She feels she might have over-reacted. Gail is annoyed that Martin has resigned but tries not to show him her feelings.
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Sarah Louise Platt - Lynsay King
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Les Battersby - Bruce Jones
- Janice Battersby - Vicky Entwistle
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Judy Mallett - Gaynor Faye
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Billy Mallett - Lewis Ablett
- Becky Mallett - Megan Foster
- Tyrone Dobbs - Alan Halsall
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Jackie Dobbs - Margi Clarke
- Linda Sykes - Jacqueline Pirie
- Hayley Patterson - Julie Hesmondhalgh
- Alison Wakefield - Naomi Radcliffe
- Leanne Tilsley - Jane Danson
- Natalie Barnes - Denise Welch
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Nita Desai - Rebecca Sarker
- Maud Grimes - Elizabeth Bradley
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Roy's Rolls
- Weatherfield General - Boardroom and exterior
- Alma Baldwin (Amanda Barrie) is credited but does not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: There's fireworks at the hospital as Martin and Les attend the inquiry. Judy struggles to cope with her bundles of joy.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 19,670,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
Les Battersby (Describing his 'symptoms' to the hospital board): "Then there's the flatulence - it's making a right misery of my social life, I don't know which way to turn."
|January 1999 episodes|
|← Fri 1st • Sun 3rd • Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Fri 8th • Sun 10th
Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Fri 15th • Sun 17th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th
Fri 22nd • Sun 24th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th • Fri 29th • Sun 31st →