Steve decides to go and stay with friends in London. Sally feels that she can't cope without the girls. She doesn't want to confuse them by making a fuss but misses them so much. She rows with Martin when he feels Kevin that did right to hang onto his daughters. Vera and Jack are furious when Alec docks their rent from their wages. When they complain he tells them that they can move out if they're not happy. Martin suggests to Kevin that he lets Sally see the girls, for their sakes. Kevin knows Martin is right when he says they need a mother but doesn't want them to see her. Sally urges Greg to hurry his solicitor along. He tells her not to press him and walks out when she nags him. Later he apologises and assures her that he loves her. She tells him that he must realise she comes as a package with her daughters. Jim urges Fiona not to cast Steve away over just one mistake. She tells him that Steve is a bad person and lets it slip that Steve pushed him off the scaffolding.
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Sarah Louise Platt - Lynsay King (Credited as "Sarah-Louise Platt")
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Greg Kelly - Stephen Billington
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room and kitchen
- The Kabin
- Coronation Street Garage
- Hair by Fiona Middleton
- Roy's Rolls
- Morgan Middleton (Connor Chatburn) is credited but does not appear.
- First appearance of Sarah Louise Platt since 22nd May 1998.
- TV Times synopsis: Fiona drops a bombshell that might rip the McDonalds apart, and Alec is keeping the Duckworths on a short leash.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 15,180,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
|September 1998 episodes|
|← Wed 2nd • Fri 4th • Sun 6th • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Fri 11th
Sun 13th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Fri 18th • Sun 20th • Mon 21st
Wed 23rd • Fri 25th • Sun 27th • Mon 28th • Wed 30th →