Fraser demands to know who told the police about the job, refusing to believe Liz would have as she knew nothing about it. Gerry says he'll do some digging. Gary feels pushed out by Judy and tells her he's sick of being the whipping boy. Deirdre moves into a flat on Chepstow Road until she can find something better. Gerry rings the number on Alan's card and discovers his identity. He tells Fraser that Alan is a detective and his girlfriend is Liz's mate Fiona. Sean tells Des that he likes Samantha because she's straight and honest with him. Liz is terrified when Fraser lays into her, demanding to know about her relationship with Alan. He pushes her against the wall, telling her he trusted her and she's paid him back by becoming a nark. She breaks down and tells him that Alan asked her to spy on him, saying that Steve would be hurt if she didn't. She swears she refused as she realised she couldn't trust him. She swears she hasn't told Alan anything; he's so secretive she doesn't know anything about him. Judy realises she's wrong to take things out on Gary and apologises. Samantha dresses up to go to a bookie's function with Sean. Ken entertains Sue and warns her that people are gossiping about them and saying she didn't make him redundant because they were lovers. She points out that wasn't the case. Audrey tells Alf she's been told by Deirdre that Ken is seeing another woman. Deirdre confirms it's Sue Jeffers. Angry Alf storms round to Ken's and finds him with Sue. They tell him they aren't afraid of their friendship. Alf tells Ken he's made him look a fool and is upset that he's let him down. Fraser tells Gerry he's satisfied Liz didn't talk to the police. Gerry flares up but is stopped when Alan arrives to arrest Fraser.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Samantha Failsworth - Tina Hobley
- Judy Mallett - Gaynor Faye
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Sean Skinner - Terence Hillyer
- Tricia Armstrong - Tracy Brabin
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Alan McKenna - Glenn Hugill
- Brad Armstrong - Caleb Flanagan
- Fraser Henderson - Glyn Grain
- Gerry Turner - Keith Woodason
- Sue Jeffers - Romy Baskerville
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- The Hour Glass - Public
- Fraser Henderson's office
- This episode was broadcast at 9.35pm to allow for coverage of Champions League football.
- TV Times synopsis: Fraser wants some answers about the bungled robbery. Liz finds herself on the receiving end of some stiff interrogation.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 13,990,000 viewers (6th place - combined figure including repeat).
- The ITV3 repeat of this episode on 13th November 2020 was edited, trimming 3" from the final scene in The Hour Glass, where Gerry Woodward asserts to Fraser Henderson as he's arrested that "that slag" set him up.
|March 1997 episodes|
|← Sun 2nd • Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Sun 9th • Mon 10th
Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Sun 16th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Fri 21st
Sun 23rd • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th • Sun 30th • Mon 31st →