Annie lets Jack have an afternoon nap until 5.30pm and is off with him when he wakes up. She tells him she may visit Joan for a few days before Christmas. She shouts at him when he accuses her of being a worrier. Emily begins casting the panto and asks Hilda if Stan will play Baron Stoneybroke. Hilda gossips to Val that Swindley is returning to help out in the shop while Emily sees to the panto. Annie sees Jack having a friendly chat with a lady customer and tries to find out who she is. To her embarrassment, Albert asks Jack for her, who tells him to mind his own business. Annie can't cope with the situation and retreats to the living room. When Jack goes to fetch her, she announces she's taking the evening off leaving Jack and Irma behind the bar. Ken and Val grow tired of the constant decorating. Jack goes out for chips after closing time as Annie is still in a mood and stays out until past midnight. The next morning, he tells Annie that he bumped into a mate and is affronted when she threatens to ring the man to verify the story. Hilda tells an upset Annie that Stan used to go with other women while working on the lorries when Annie asks her. Emily casts Charlie in three parts due to him being a professional. Jack finds his private drawer unlocked and accuses Lucille of not locking it. When she denies it, he turns nasty and demands that she does as she's told. Lucille leaves the room in tears. Jack has enough of Annie's moods and tells her he's master in his house. Immediately after the row, he opens the pub and is rude to Albert and Charlie before apologising. Jack refuses to make it up with Annie; she's gone too far. Upstairs, Annie starts to pack.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Charlie Moffitt - Gordon Rollings (Credited as "Charlie Moffit")
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room, hallway and Jack and Annie's bedroom
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen, hallway and Ken and Val's bedroom
- Gamma Garments
- The woman who speaks to Jack Walker at the bar is uncredited (but is played by actress Paula Tilbrook), despite having lines of dialogue.
- From Episode 172 (6th August 1962) to Episode 459 (5th May 1965) the programme featured a standardised cast list for the regular characters. This means that in this episode the following were credited but did not appear: Ena Sharples (Violet Carson), Minnie Caldwell (Margot Bryant), Elsie Tanner (Patricia Phoenix), Florrie Lindley (Betty Alberge), Len Fairclough (Peter Adamson), Dennis Tanner (Philip Lowrie) and Stan Ogden (Bernard Youens).
- TV Times synopsis: More drama - Jack plays Hamlet with Annie!
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,930,000 homes (2nd place).
|November 1964 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th
Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th →