With Stephen in the country, Mike panics about the state of his workforce. To get out of meeting Stephen, Alma pretends that a filling has come out and says she's going to the dentist. The Malletts are alarmed when their front door opens and Terry Duckworth walks in with Tommy. They tell him that the house is theirs and the Duckworths now run the Rovers. Stephen looks round the factory. Vera is thrilled to see Tommy but apprehensive about Terry's return. Alec buys No.12 for £29,500. Rita is pleased to have him as a neighbour. Terry tells Vera that he's settled in a good job and wants to make amends. He explains Tommy is going to live with him from now on in Sheffield. Alma and Stephen meet. She's aware that her feelings haven't changed. Mavis wants rid of Norris but he tells Derek that he's decided he's never returning to Angela. Jack is pleased to have Tommy staying but doesn't believe Vera when she says Terry has changed. Terry assures him that he has sorted himself out.
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Judy Mallett - Gaynor Faye
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Josie Clarke - Ellie Haddington
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Tricia Armstrong - Tracy Brabin
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Billy Williams - Frank Mills
- Raquel Watts - Sarah Lancashire
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Tony Horrocks - Lee Warburton
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Tommy Duckworth - Darryl Edwards
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms and garden
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen, front room, hallway and yard
- The Kabin - Shop and stockroom
- Jim's Cafe
- No. 4 Montreal House, Weatherfield Quays - Living room/kitchen
- Baldwin's Sportswear - Factory floor and canteen
- First appearance of Terry Duckworth since 24th December 1993.
- First appearance of Tommy Duckworth since 13th September 1995.
- TV Times synopsis: There are mixed feelings in the Street as two sons return home. Mavis and Derek’s concern about Angela's whereabouts grows.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 13,440,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
|June 1996 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th
Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th →