Liz urges Jim to apologise to Mike and build something up rather than smashing it down. Vera tells Jack to lay Bill off as he'll be doing the cellar work. The Malletts measure No.9 for their furniture and are annoyed when Jack says the bar is not staying. Vera refuses to take the bar with them and orders Jack to leave it behind. Model agency boss John Fisher calls on Raquel but his attention is caught by Fiona. He tells her that she could have a future in modelling but she thinks it's just a chat-up line. Vera is daunted by the prospect of being a boss. Bill is annoyed to lose his job but Jack assures him that his room at the pub is safe. Jim apologises to Rodney and is allowed back into the Rovers. Fiona realises that Fisher is legitimate when she discovers he is Raquel's agent. He tells her to ring him if she's interested in the odd modelling session. Maxine is annoyed he's not interested in her. Raquel is put out as Fiona has no training. Mike lets Jim apologise to him in public before telling him that he still doesn't want to employ him. Jim blames Liz for making him crawl.
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Billy Williams - Frank Mills (Credited as "Frank Williams")
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Judy Mallett - Gaynor Faye
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Maud Grimes - Elizabeth Bradley
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Maureen Holdsworth - Sherrie Hewson
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Maxine Heavey - Tracy Shaw
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 37 Hillside Crescent - Living room
- This episode was transmitted at 9.35pm to allow for coverage of Champions League football.
- TV Times synopsis: A modelling agent casts his eye down the Street - but Raquel is not his main interest.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 14,620,000 viewers (8th place - combined figure including repeat).
- The ITV3 repeat of this episode on 8th June 2020 was edited, cutting 2" from the final Rovers scene where John Fisher suggests to Fiona Middleton that she could lose weight, as well as muting Jim McDonald's use of the word "bastard" to Mike Baldwin later in the same scene.
|November 1995 episodes|
|← Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Fri 10th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th
Fri 17th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Mon 27th • Wed 29th →