Raquel and Bill continue as usual without Bet, feeling that she'll return when she's ready. Vicky thinks that Bet's departure is an attempt at emotional blackmail to get back at her. Jack and Vera realise that with Bet gone the Rovers is up for grabs. Rita blames herself for Bet's disappearance but Raquel tells her it was all Vicky's fault. The brewery closes the Rovers telling Raquel, Betty and Bill that Bet has resigned and is not returning. Betty is distraught as her wedding reception will be cancelled. Billy takes control and books the British Legion. The Cleggs arrive for the wedding. Jim tries to interest Liz in buying the Rovers, feeling they should go for it and have something to show for their lives. Liz isn't sure as the last pub they had nearly wrecked their marriage. Betty has a nice time on her own on her wedding eve, thinking about the past. The Duckworths decide to try for the Rovers. Curly suggests to Raquel that she takes over the Rovers.
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Vicky McDonald - Chloe Newsome
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Maureen Holdsworth - Sherrie Hewson
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Maud Grimes - Elizabeth Bradley
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Billy Williams - Frank Mills
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Gordon Clegg - Bill Kenwright
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Rovers, back room and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- 37 Hillside Crescent - Living room and hallway
- British Legion
- This episode was transmitted at 7.20pm to allow for coverage of Champions League football.
- The scenes at the British Legion were recorded at Pendleton British Legion on Langworthy Road in Salford on 18th September 1995.
- TV Times synopsis: Jack, Liz and Raquel contemplate the possibility of turning Bet’s defeat into their own success.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,380,000 viewers (4th place - combined figure including repeat).
- The ITV3 repeat of this episode on 3rd June 2020 was transmitted without any cuts.
|October 1995 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Fri 13th • Mon 16th
Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Mon 30th →