Steve counts on Des to be his witness against Sean but Des refuses. Des is informally questioned by DS Cartwright; Des says he didn't see anything. DS Cartwright tells Steve that he needs a witness or he can't progress. Audrey tells Alma about Martin's fling. When Alma calls Audrey a hypocrite for her moral judgment of Martin, Audrey walks out of the cafe. Sean is annoyed that Des hasn't backed up his story. Steve tells him that he'll find someone whom Sean has crossed to corroborate his story. Sean worries and is forced to accept Steve's offer of paying off the debt at £20 a week. Cartwright is annoyed when Steve drops his charges against Sean. Cartwright warns Steve about wasting police time.
- Maureen Holdsworth - Sherrie Hewson
- Maud Grimes - Elizabeth Bradley
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Denise Osbourne - Denise Black
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Sean Skinner - Terence Hillyer
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Sarah Louise Platt - Lynsay King
- Nicky Platt - Warren Jackson
- David Platt - Thomas Ormson
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- Skinner's Bookies
- Jim's Cafe
- TV Times synopsis: Steve plays a dangerous game. Audrey gets an unexpected reaction when she lets Alma into a secret.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 14,870,000 viewers (7th place - combined figure including repeat). The ratings for this episode were adversely affected by the transmission of Comic Relief on BBC1.
- The ITV3 repeat of this episode on 26th March 2020 was transmitted without any cuts.
|March 1995 episodes|
|← Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Fri 10th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th
Fri 17th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Mon 27th • Wed 29th • Fri 31st →