Fiona is furious when Sean tells her how he took Steve's money off him at the dogs. She tells Steve she can't trust him so she's moving out but he stops her by saying he had a meeting at the dogs with Nick Gerrity, manager of Costello's Club and he won money to give back to Sean. Mike backs him up in front of Fiona and then demands 100 free T-shirts in return. Alma delights in shocking Mike when she turns up in her new sports car. He is furious that she's bought a car without consulting him. Audrey warns Martin not to mess Gail about. Maureen's van breaks down coming back from the Cash and Carry. Reg and Curly see her and stop to help. Maureen drives back with Curly and the stock whilst Reg stays with the van. She pulls down the sun visor and the wig falls onto her lap. She thinks it's a spider and screams, running the car off the road. Mike accuses Jon of ripping Alma off. Maureen confronts Reg with the wig, delighting Maud who thinks he looks stupid in it. Maureen embraces him when he explains how he's fearful of losing his youth. Steve and Fiona are embarrassed when his credit card is cut up at an expensive restaurant.
- Maureen Holdsworth - Sherrie Hewson
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Sean Skinner - Terence Hillyer
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Maud Grimes - Elizabeth Bradley
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin - Shop and storeroom
- MVB Motors
- MVB Print
- Jim's Cafe
- Jim's Cafe flat - Living room/kitchen
- Weatherfield Quays
- Provencal Restaurant
- Unknown roads in Weatherfield
- TV Times synopsis: Mike and Maureen both motor into trouble.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 17,050,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
- The ITV3 repeat of this episode on 24th March 2020 was edited, trimming 4" from the middle of a Jim's Cafe scene in Part Two, where Alf Roberts remarks that Audrey's shopping bags suggest she must have been "suicidal", in response to her observation that she always spends money when feeling depressed.
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1990-1999, released on 5th September 2011.
|March 1995 episodes|
|← Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Fri 10th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th
Fri 17th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Mon 27th • Wed 29th • Fri 31st →